Support Education Opportunities For Adults in Arizona
Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona is working to end poverty in Arizona. The Excel Center opened in September 2022 in order to make our vision a reality. This adult high school will provide a full high school curriculum so that individuals can continue their education, secure their diploma, and have access to so much more
Thousands of adults in Arizona are looking for the opportunity to go back to school and earn their high school diplomas. By making a monetary donation, your gift will directly support The Excel Center to help students achieve their educational and career goals.
Here’s 10 Things To Know about the impact The Excel Center will make in our community:
- Excel Centers are public high schools serving adults.
- Excel Centers graduates earn a high school diploma and workforce credentials.
- Excel Centers support students with academic, social, and employment supports; including childcare, career and life coaching, relevant academic content, employment assistance, etc.
- Arizona Legislation is necessary to allow for public high schools serving adults.
- The need is great, more than 700,000 working age adults in Arizona do not have a high school diploma.
- Excel Centers are a proven solution; started in Indianapolis over a decade ago, they have proven to increase salaries, reduce reliance on public assistance, assist in anti-recidivism, and drive economic value to the state and local communities.
- Research of the Indianapolis Excel Centers has shown an average of $16,000 wage increase for Excel Center graduates who went directly into the workforce (Univ. of Notre Dame, LEO).
- Excel Centers have demonstrated a direct impact on the academic success of the children of Excel Center graduates; 70% reporting improvement in their children’s school performance.
- Arizona Legislation would establish the process and accountability for authorizing adult high schools; and limits on student enrollment.
- Excel Centers now successfully operate in five states across the country and Washington D.C: Indiana, Arkansas, Missouri, Tennessee, and Texas.